How to download private youtube videos (3 methods)…You can use your web browser to download private YouTube video. In this way, you are downloading video directly from YouTube server. It is save and fast.
Actually, you just need to use a web browser to download videos from YouTube. You don’t have to purchase a dedicated software to do this, nor will you be annoyed by the free tools’ ads. As long as you can watch the private YouTube video, whether it is your own video or others, you can use one of the methods that I am about to show you to download it.
Download Private YouTube Video with Developer Tools
Theoretically, any web browser with a Network developer tools will work, but, as you know, Chrome certainly will not allow you to download videos from YouTube. I bet it is even hard to find a working Chrome extension for downloading videos from YouTube. Here, I highly recommend using Firefox.
You just need to make sure you have the access to watch the private YouTube video. Once the video owner grants you access, you can follow the steps to download it.
1. Just open the private YouTube video watching page. From there, right-click and select Inspect Element.
2. In the Developers Tools, click on Network and then select Media under the Network tool. Then you’ll see only the HTTP requests made to media files, like audio and video files. If you don’t, reload this page.
3. Click on each link to see the content type. You may see “audio/mp4” or “video/mp4”. If you want to download the video, then you want to look for a link with “video/mp4” content type
Tip: If you don’t see the the webm instead of MP4, you can type “about:config” in the address bar, press Enter. Then search for “webm”. Find “media.mediasource.webm.audio.enabled” and change its value to false.
4. Copy and paste the URL in the address bar, remove the range parameter in the query string and press Enter.
5. When the video or audio loaded, right-click and select “Save As” to download the private YouTube video.
If try to download the video, the video is without sound. If you want to include the audio, you can use any media editor to combine audio and video together. If you want an easier way to download a video with audio included, then check the next method.
Actually, you can use this method to download any videos from YouTube including copyright-protected videos.
Download Private YouTube Video with Firefox Add-on
If you don’t want to go through the steps to put video and audio together, you can get this Video Downloader Professional Firefox Add-on. Google probably have restricted any extension that can download videos from YouTube, so Firefox is recommended.
With this Firefox Add-on, it is very easy to save private YouTube videos. You can just go to the YouTube video page and click on the Video Downloader Professional add-on icon. From there, you will see a few download options with different video quality. You can just click on one of them to download this video.
As you may know, YouTube stores audio and video separately for high-quality videos (1080P or above). Therefore, this Firefox add-on only allows you to download 720P YouTube videos.
Download Private YouTube Videos in 4K Resolution
There are lots of YouTube downloaders that save publicly available videos, but very few allow you to download private YouTube videos. 4K Video Downloader provides functionality for saving your own private YouTube videos and other private YouTube content you have access to. Follow the steps below to download private YouTube videos to your computer.
- Download and Launch 4K Video Downloader
2. Click Tools > Preferences at the menu bar.
3. Click Log In.
4. Log into your YouTube account in the opened window.
Once you are logged in, you will see “Logged as (your account name)” in the settings interface.
5. Copy the link of the private YouTube video you want to download. Make sure you can watch the video from your YouTube account in the browser.
6. Click Paste Link within 4K Video Downloader.
7. Select format and quality.
8. Click Download.
That’s all the methods that you can use to download private YouTube videos or unlisted videos. You can use the same methods to download any YouTube Music videos to your PC.